What is the difference between all your newsletters?
We offer several different email newsletters, all of which deliver Tyee stories straight to your inbox, for free.
- The Daily Catch comes out each weekday morning and contains the stories of the day. It is the best way to get the most up to date news.
- The Weekly Angle is sent out each Monday and is a complete list of all the stories that were on the site in the past week, including that Monday.
- The National Landscape contains a selection of stories that are of national interest. It is great for readers outside of B.C. who don’t want to get inundated with B.C. stories. It is sent out each Thursday.
- The Alberta Edge is a roundup of all of our Alberta coverage, along with unique insights about western Canada not found anywhere else. It’s sent out every Friday.
Note: You only need to sign up for one newsletter. The weekly and daily contain the same stories and the national and Alberta are a selection of those stories.
I want to sign up for a newsletter. How do I do that?
- If you want to subscribe to a newsletter, you can enter your email here: https://subscribe.thetyee.ca/
- Check the newsletter that you wish to receive, then click join.
How do I manage my newsletters?
At the end of each newsletter that is sent to your email, you will find the following, personalized links:
To change your newsletter settings
- To change your newsletter settings Click ‘Change your email address or subscription options’ and follow the instructions.
- If you want to unsubscribe an email, click on the ‘Unsubscribe from all Tyee mailings’ at the very bottom of the newsletter and follow the instructions.
Your builder contributions
How do I manage my builder contribution level?
You can log in to your account online at any time to increase or cancel your contributions by visiting account.thetyee.ca.
I keep getting an email subscription pop-up ad that I find annoying. How do I stop it?
Our pop-up relies on “cookies” to tell us that you have already seen and declined the offer. It should only show once in several months if you were visiting with the same browser (on the same device) with cookies enabled. Apologies if you are someone who prefers not to store cookies, we don’t have another way of verifying if you have already declined, but it should only show once per session in any case.
If you visit our site by clicking a link in a newsletter, the pop-up ad should not display.